167 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
194 people recovered and were released from medical care
One new death
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 167 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with one new death, December 12th.
This makes a total of 109,568 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 1,810 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 776 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
Additionally, 194 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 106,982 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
Three people were listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently with pneumonia. One of them was not vaccinated.
The new death today is a 35-year-old woman with personal health problems and was not vaccinated.
In total, 1,875,877 people in Pattaya and Chonburi have received their first dose of a Covid -19 vaccine which is 80.51 percent of the total Chonburi population. Of those, 293,188 have received their first dose and are what the Thai government calls 608 groups (elders, have chronic health problems, and pregnant) which is 80.54 percent of those in these risk groups in Chonburi.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 13, Si Racha 53, Banglamung (Pattaya) 64, Panat Nikhom 1, Sattahip 6, soldiers in Sattahip 1, Ban Bueng 1, Phan Thong 3, Bor Thong 2, Nong Yai 1, and 22 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Work and stayed in Rayong, transferred from other provinces for medical care, 22 cases
- Cluster, Celestica (Thailand) company, Si Racha, 13 cases
- Cluster Meyer Industries company in Si Racha, 2 cases
- Cluster, J.B.T. Industrial company in Si Racha, 3 cases
- Risky occupations meeting many people, 3 cases
- 1 medical personnel
- Back from other provinces in Buriram – 1 case
- Close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families – 30 cases, in workplaces – 32 cases, and close personal contacts – 9 cases
- Close contact of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 23 cases
- 28 cases, close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation)
Need Covid-19 insurance for your next trip to Thailand? Click here.
Follow us on Facebook
Join us on LINE for breaking alerts!
Source: The Pattaya News