Fourteen parties, led by Pheu Thai, will hold a press conference at parliament at 1pm today (Monday) to announce their partnership in forming a new government.
Collectively, the coalition has 317 seats in the 500-seat House of Representatives. They are:
- Pheu Thai, 141 seats
- Bhumjaithai, 71 seats
- Palang Pracharath, 40 seats
- United Thai Nation, 36 seats
- Chartthaipattana, 10 seats
- Prachachat, 9 seats
- Pheu Thai Ruam Palang, 2 seats
- Chart Pattana Kla, 2 seats
- Thai Liberal (Seri Ruam Thai), 1 seat
- Plung Sungkom Mai, 1 seat
- Thongthee Thai, 1 seat
- New Democracy, 1 seat
- Mai (New), 1 seat
- Kru Thai Pheu Prachachon (Thai Teachers for the People), 1 seat
Informed sources said that the Palang Pracharath party will be represented by its secretary-general Thamanat Prompao, while Pheu Thai’s two prime ministerial candidates, Srettha Thavisin and Paetongtarn Shinawatra, will not attend the press conference, but will hold a separate meeting of the MPs at the party’s head office at 3pm.
The Democrat, Bhumjaithai and Move Forward parties will hold separate meetings with their MPs at 2.30pm, 3pm and 5pm today respectively.
Source: Thai PBS World